Sunday, September 25, 2005

India a force to reckon, so much so that its a part of the balancing dance?

Read these:

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Okay, enough with the links! I am NOT a fan of the Indian Express - new, old or bottled otherwise. What attracted me was a front page news.google link to these articles that make me think, maybe we are getting there. We are huge enough to have the power to influence the international community.

No I am not writing one of those sobby rantings on how we have progressed. I am by far the worst critic that the political/diplomatic/journalistic populace of India could have. However, I see an increasing opportunity to take our problems of energy, hunger, poverty, IT, industry and what have you, and convert it into strengths. We could use our position in the wrold as a tool to forge ahead, break traditional barriers and create those checks and balances that we have in an extremely unipolar world.

I do agree, we need to do the balancing, bow to pressure and then vehemently deny it, but I am wondering if we could have juiced a little more from Britain, France and the US, before agreeing to sign off on a document that could give us a little bit of a bad time with the not - at - all ratiional Iranian presidency.

That's what India needs to shine! Guys who milk anyone who steps at our door dry before giving in. I have a feeling we should have put forth something more than a caution that we are signing with a protest. Tangilbles. Tangibles. Tangibles. We need lots of tangibles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home